Lanny and Julie Martiniuk left city life behind in 1979 when they purchased a 15-acre orchard and commenced turning it into a viable vineyard. Three grown sons (Chris, Jay and Tim) and 35 additional acres gave Lanny and Julie the resources to finally open their own winery in the summer of 2007.
- 1949: Harold and Margaret Green purchase a 14- acre parcel of raw land (later Maggie May Vineyard) under the Veterans Land Act. Their two daughters, Julie and Cyndy, are raised on the homestead property.
- 1979: Julie and Lanny Martiniuk leave Vancouver with the hopes of purchasing a vineyard. They acquired the original Stoneboat property just up the road from what is now the Maggie May vineyard.
- 1983: First vinifera planted such as, Pinot Blanc and Schšnberger, as well as experimental Russian vinifera including Rkatsitelli (then the worlds second-most planted grape). This is the first orchard to vinifera conversion on the Black Sage. Maggie May Vineyard is planted as well.
- 1985: First vinifera killed to the ground in November freeze.
- 1992-1997: Marks the beginning of a planting program that converts all land to vinifera. New property is planted with Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris vinifera in '92, with Pinot Blanc, Cabernet Franc, and Cabernet Sauvignon to be added later.
- 1998: Lanny purchases Orchard Grove (also on a handshake). It is converted from orchard to vineyard, and new clones of Pinot Noir, along with Pinotage and Pinot Gris, are planted.
- 2003: Julie and Lanny begin to develop plans for an estate winery that will focus on Pinots (Gris, Blanc, and Noir), their most planted varietals, as well as their heritage vinifera
- 2005: Stoneboat Vineyards creates its first vintage.